[JPackage-discuss] Proposed tomcat5 changes

Fernando Nasser fnasser at redhat.com
Tue Jan 11 14:55:49 CET 2005

Henri Gomez wrote:
> Why did you want to extract JASPER from Tomcat 5 ?
>
> In jakarta they are bundled together

Hi Henri,

You seem to have missed a few hundred messages ;-)

Our goal is to avoid meddling with source tar balls.  So if upstream
releases things that we need in pieces, because they are used
individually on other packages, we create subpackages and not
independent packages.  Experience has proved that they get out of sync,
it creates circular dependencies and such.

Cheers,
Fernando